We plan to enhance the WIC experience with tutorials on selected topics from renowned researchers in academia and industry. We welcome proposals for long (4 hours) or short (2 hours) tutorials on topics related to the four aspects of WIC’2014, i.e. WI’14/IAT’14/BIH’14/AMT’14. Tutorials are expected to address state-of-the-art research in any one of the four areas. We also encourage tutorials on topics that span these four themes. Tutorials can be delivered as lectures or active-learning workshops.
Proposal for tutorial, in PDF format, should consist of an outline and background information on the presenter(s). The tutorial outline should be limited to 2 pages and must contain the following information:
- Title and abstract of the tutorial (overall goal of the tutorial)
- Proposed duration: short (2 hours) or long (4 hours)
- Description of the intended audience: one or more of WI, IAT, BIH and AMT.
- Description of prerequisite knowledge: what background the attendees should already have
- Outline: overview of the tutorial (including references to papers, books, etc.)
The background information on the presenter(s) should be limited to 2 pages and must contain:
- Names, affiliations, homepages and contact details of all the presenters
- Short biographies, including main publications related to the topic of the proposed tutorial
- If it makes sense, information about previous tutorials given by the same presenters (title, conference, number of attendees, etc.)
Tutorial proposals should be submitted at: http://wic2014.mimuw.edu.pl/wi/submit-proposal
For submission dates and deadlines consult the "Important dates" section.
With inquiries concerning WIC 2014 tutorials please contact Tutorial Chairs:
- Hiranmay Ghosh (Tata Consulting Services, India) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radosław Katarzyniak (Wrocław University of Technology, Poland) email@example.com
- Christina Schweikert (St. John's University, USA) firstname.lastname@example.org