The social program of WIC 2014 cosists of Welcome Reception, WIC 2014 Reception and the Banquet.
Welcome Reception – Monday, August 11, 19:00 – 21:30
The Welcome Reception will take place in the building of the F. Chopin University of Music (Address: Okólnik 2, 00–368 Warszawa).
The reception starts at 19:00 in the main foyer and patio and will be accompanied by a piano performance in the Concert Hall. The performance starts at 20:15 and will take around 40 minutes. The repertoire consist of music by F. Chopin.
How to get there?
It takes about 7-10 min on foot (750 m) to there from the conference venue.
- From main entrance to Old Library proceed straight ahead through the University gate, turn left.
- Proceed along Krakowskie Przedmieście, cross the Świętokrzyska street and continue to the crossing with Ordynacka street, then turn left into Odynacka.
- Proceed ahead until you have Okólnik street on your right. Turn into Okólnik. Now you have the entrance to Chopin University of Music on your left, about 70 meters ahead.
WIC 2014 Reception – Tuesday, August 12, 18:30 – 20:00
The WIC 2014 Reception will take place in the Old Library building (the conference venue). This informal event was made possible by generosity of our sponsors.
Conference Banquet – Wednesday, August 13, 19:00 – 22:00
The Banquet will take place in the Main Building of the Warsaw University of Technology (Address: Plac Politechniki 1, 00–661 Warszawa). The banquet starts at 19:00 in the Main Hall and will be accompanied by award ceremony.
How to get there?
It takes about 35-40 min. on foot (around 3 km) to there from the conference venue.
- From main entrance to Old Library proceed straight ahead through the University gate, cross the Krakowskie Przedmieście street and turn left.
- Go straight for 1.2 km, following the Krakowskie Przedmieście and Nowy Świat street. On Plac Trzech Krzyży (Three-cross square, one with a round church in the center) stay on the right. At the end of the square find the beginning of Mokotowska street.
- Follow Mokotowska street until you reach Plac Zbawiciela (square with tramway tracks). Ahead of you to the right is the beginning of Nowowiejska street.
- Cross the Marszałkowska street and enter Nowowiejska street. Follow Nowowiejska for about 400 meters and you are there.
An alternative to walking to the banquet is using the city public transport. The banquet venue can be reached by subway (Politechnika station) or tramway (line 15 to Plac Politechniki stop). From subway station it is a 300 meter walk along the Nowowiejska street. If you decide to use public transport, please ask at the registration desk for complimentary tickets and guidance.